The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance.al-Qur’an 9:18
The Imam al-Asr Masjid (Shahe Najaf Islamic Center) has been serving the communities in the Washington D.C. area for over 20 years. To keep up with the growing community needs, with the help or Allah (swt) and our community members, we have started a journey towards establishing a unique Masjid that would cater to the needs of our local communities from various backgrounds and support our mission.
Major Project Update
April 27, 2022
With the blessing of Allah and you du’as, we have received unanimous approval for building permit from the Fairfax County Board of Zoning Appeals. With this significant achievement, we are looking ahead to finalize and submit the Masjid site plan in next coming months.
Below are closing arguments from the County Board project hearing meeting.
Fulfilling Community Needs
- Community Hub: A masjid and seminary serve as a spiritual home for our community’s religious and intellectual life.
- Space: Our community has grown to about 400+ people and we expect this number to increase in future. We need more space for programs, dining area, and parking to accommodate this growth.
- Central Location: We need a centralized location with convenient access from nearby areas.
- Education: The school’s expansion is greatly needed as we project continuous growth in the coming years.
- Recreation and Youth Activities: We have no indoor place for sports or recreational activities. While we have started our youth program and we need this facility to attract our children and youth, as they are our future.
- Community/Outreach Activities: A multi-purpose robust building with religious, cultural, recreational, and outreach activities will ensure a cohesive and spiritual growth of the community.
The new masjid location is central to major urban areas in Washington D.C. Metro area.
Overall 6.65 acres land for masjid construction
Donate & Support
Be a part of this great Sadaqah Jariyah and cement your legacy for you and future generations by contributing to the Imam al-Asr Masjid project. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and go directly towards the new masjid project.
Imam al-Asr Masjid is an independent 501(c)(3) tax exempt nonprofit organization. All of your charitable donations are tax deductible. EIN: 54-2022985