And of His signs is that He created for you mates from your own selves that you may take comfort in them, and He ordained affection and mercy between you. There are indeed signs in that for a people who reflect. al-Qur’an 30:21
On behalf of the Imam al-Asr Masjid, we congratulate you on your upcoming wedding!
The relationship between husband and wife is the most honorific relation in Islam. Your decision to marry is a spiritual covenant that is rooted in a commitment to one another that is completed through the love of Allah. We are honored that you would like for us to facilitate this most joyous occasion. Please contact us [email protected] for more information.
Guidelines for Marriage Process
The following are the guidelines regarding the marriage process and the documents needed:
- Official marriage license issued by State authorities
- Photo ID’s for both the marrying parties, the Wali (Gurdian), and two witnesses
- Consent of father if bride is getting married for the first time, either through his presence or by presenting official consent document
- The applicant must not be in a current martial relationship
- If applicable, copy of previous marriage or divorce documents
- Fee for officiating the Islamic marriage contract and issuance of Islamic marriage certificate
- Information shared will not be divulged/disclosed to anyone without the consent of both parties